Thursday, August 16, 2007

"And I Quote", An Introduction

I love quotes. There is just something about the idea that a snip-it of well worded truth that was spoken long ago by some wise person, probably in an off-handed way, could manage to hang around to be invoked years, sometimes even hundreds of years after the fact and still possess the power to offer encouragement, guidance, condemnation, etc., that strikes a chord of awe in me. In fact, I love quotes so much that my college roommate and I once decorated our entire living room in our favorite quotes. [For those of you wondering yes, we both realize that this shows our extreme nerdiness, fortunately we are both okay with that!] Each week I will attempt to offer one such quote for my entertainment and yours. Look for my first quote post this Sunday.

No comments: